Thank you for participating in Round 1 engagement!
The 117th Street Reconstruction Project hosted its first open house meeting virtually on Thursday, July 22 and recently completed a community survey that was open from July 22 to August 6.
Please visit the Public Engagement tab to watch a recording of the virtual open house meeting, review the virtual open house presentation, and see the results of the Round 1 community survey.
Thank you for staying involved and sharing your input!
- 117th Street in Inver Grove Heights is an essential transportation corridor for locals and commuters alike.
- As a prominent commuter route, 117th Street serves one of the largest hubs of industrial activity in the state.
- The current corridor of 117th Street is congesting the major commercial activity that relies on the roadway for access to I35E from Dakota County Road 32 and Hwy 52.
- The 117th Street Reconstruction Project will enhance this transportation system’s efficiency and mobility, improve roadway safety and business access along 117th Street, and facilitate the phased development of an essential east-west transportation corridor within the region.
- This will be done through a 10-Ton pavement, 55 mph speed limit, and State Aid compliant design that reduces access points along 117th Street, provides adequate turn lanes where applicable, and upgrades the two existing at-grade railroad crossings to current safety standards.