Join the City of Inver Grove Heights on Thursday, July 22 for a virtual open house to discuss the 117th Reconstruction Project!
The city will host two separate 1-hour virtual meetings at 11:30 am and again at 5:00 pm on Thursday, July 22. Please note, the same information will be presented at each meeting and community members will have the option to call in or join the meeting via the internet.
Vist the Public Engagement tab for instructions to join the meetings!
- 117th Street in Inver Grove Heights is an essential transportation corridor for locals and commuters alike.
- As a prominent commuter route, 117th Street serves one of the largest hubs of industrial activity in the state.
- The 117th Street corridor provides major commercial activity with access to Hwy 52 and I-35W from Dakota County Road 32 (Cliff Road).
- The 117th Street Reconstruction Project will enhance this transportation system’s efficiency and mobility, improve roadway safety and business access along 117th Street, and facilitate the phased development of an essential east-west transportation corridor within the region.
- This will be done through a 10-Ton pavement modern roadway with State Aid compliant design that reduces access points along 117th Street, provides adequate turn lanes where applicable, and upgrades the two existing at-grade railroad crossings to current safety standards.