Public Meeting Monday, Jan. 30 (5:00 – 6:30 p.m.) at Veterans Memorial Community Center
Please join project staff from Inver Grove Heights and Dakota County to learn more about the planned reconstruction of 117th Street. The roadway is an important route for industries in IGH and the region. The public meeting will be an opportunity to view and discuss the roadway design with project staff and to learn more about next steps for the project. The meeting will be held at the Veterans Memorial Community Center on Monday, Jan 30 from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Stop by anytime during the meeting to learn more and discuss the project with staff.
- 117th Street in Inver Grove Heights is an essential transportation corridor for locals and commuters alike.
- As a prominent commuter route, 117th Street serves one of the largest hubs of industrial activity in the state.
- The current corridor of 117th Street is congesting the major commercial activity that relies on the roadway for access to I35E from Dakota County Road 32 and Hwy 52.
- The 117th Street Reconstruction Project will enhance this transportation system’s efficiency and mobility, improve roadway safety and business access along 117th Street, and facilitate the phased development of an essential east-west transportation corridor within the region.
- This will be done through a 10-Ton pavement, 55 mph speed limit, and State Aid compliant design that reduces access points along 117th Street, provides adequate turn lanes where applicable, and upgrades the two existing at-grade railroad crossings to current safety standards.